Friday, October 29, 2010

Mexican Lasagna

This is an absolutely delicious recipe!  It is simple and quick too.  Try it out!  I give it 5 out of 5 stars!  What would make a good veggie side for this one?

Mexican Lasagna

  • Ground beef (about 1 lb)
  • Taco seasoning for 1 lb of beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 can (about 14 oz) beans of your choice (I used kidney, but want to try black next)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (about 14 oz)
  • Corn tortillas, cut in strips
  • Shredded cheese of your choice

Cook onions and ground beef until browned and onions are cooked to your liking.  Add seasoning and cook accordingly (add the amount of water, etc).  I did add extra water to keep it moist during the half hour of baking. 
Combine tomatoes and beans in a bowl.
Cut corn tortillas into strips

Take a Casserole dish and layer the ingredients:
1/2 of the bean and tomato mixture
Some tortilla strips, overlapping
Cheese
1/2 Beef and onion mixture
1/2 bean and tomato mixture
Some tortilla strips, overlapping
Cheese
1/2 beef and onion mixture
Some tortilla trips overlapping
Cheese
*You can mix in more layers of cheese on top of the meat or beans if you like lots of cheese.


 Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!
  
Original recipe was taken from here, before I made the changes. 

1 comment:

  1. I make something similar called "Crock pot enchiladas".

    Thank you for commenting on my blog! This is my craft in progress, except on some of the pictures I am using the photo verses I posted:
    http://angelnavywife.blogspot.com/2008/12/altoids-picture-boxes.html

    ReplyDelete