Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Onion Roasted Potato Chunks

This is my absolute favorite way to eat potatoes now. 10 bonus points for serving potatoes with no butter!
Ok.  This recipe is my own so you'll have to bear with me a little bit on this one because I kinda change it every time and never measure.  I'll just say that you want to really coat your potatoes. 

5-6? Potatoes
Olive oil
Garlic Salt (or garlic powder and salt or minced garlic and salt)
Onion (I have used dried, minced onions and onion powder and both have worked well)
Parsely
Oregano
Rosemary
maybe some black pepper

Take a 9x13 pan and cut enough potatoes into cubes until you have a shallow layer, some overlap is fine (see picture).  Coat potatoes in olive oil (I have a 9x13 pan that has a lid so I add the olive oil, put the lid on, and shake, shake, shake.  You could also use a bowl with a lid or a ziplock bag).  You want enough oil so that your potatoes are covered.  If you don't mix everything in the baking pan you might need to coat your pan with oil to prevent the potatoes from sticking. 

Add seasonings.  I listed them according to the amount I use:  Most of the seasoning is made up of garlic salt and onion.   Next comes a decent amount of parsely.  Then small amounts of oregano, rosemary and pepper for extra flavor and aroma.  All of these are according to your tastes.  I sprinkle them on, snap on the lid, and shake, shake, shake.  I check the potatoes to see if they all look covered.  If not, I add more seasonings. 

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes (depends on the size of your potato chunks) until the potatoes can easily be poked through with a fork.

1 comment: