Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Zuppa Tuscana Soup


You can definitely say that I am way behind on posting recipes. My goodness!

Anyways...keep plugging on.

Zuppa Tuscana Soup (Original recipe here)

1/2 lb bacon
1/2 lb chicken Italian sausage or bulk sausage of your choice (we like spicy)
4-5 potatoes, diced
1 onion, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups chicken stock (some can be replaced with water - I forget what ratio I did last time)

2 cups half and half
Spinach, amount that you like - The original recipe calls for kale and I've never had that on hand so I add in some frozen spinach last second (do it too early and your soup turns green)
salt and pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese


Cook bacon.  Cool and chop. In a large pot, cook the sausage, onions, and garlic until the sausage has browned. Crumble sausage as you cook it.  Cook potatoes until tender in your chicken stock.  Add half and half, bacon, sausage and onion mix.  I usually let it simmer for an hour or so.  Add seasonings and spinach and cook for 5 minutes or so.  Serve nice and hot and topped with cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment