Friday, October 14, 2011

Cucumber Hummus - picture needed

Best hummus recipe I've found (and I've tried several). 

4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup tahini paste (found in international section of grocery store, but if not...it's just ground sesame seeds and water)
1 lemon juiced (or, if you don't want the lemon you can use some of the liquid from the can of chickpeas)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil - sometimes I'll use a little more.  Your choice on this one.
1 (15 oz) can of garbonzo beans (chickpeas)  I call them "garbonzos"
1 cucumber, sliced up
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch paprika (for sprinkling on top before serving)

Blend up all ingredients in the blender or food processor.  Add extra liquid if needed.  Let sit in refrigerator for 6 or more hours before eating to let the flavors of the tahini mix together.  Serve as a veggie dip, pita spread/dip, or sometimes with chips if you're a wild child. 

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I'm not a wild child ;)
    I will have to definitely try this. I've never made my own hummus because I never carry the ingredients. Time to change! Maybe I'll make that this weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete