Friday, October 14, 2011

Jerked Chicken Marinade - picture needed

Very, very tastey and unique!  Beware, this is not for the "plain Jane" type of eater.

1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, halved
6 green onions, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, diced (I will do half of this if I'm cutting down the spice)
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T brown sugar
1 T chopped fresh thyme (I never have fresh so I use about 1/3 to 1/2 T of dried)
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice

Throw everything but chicken in blender or food processor and blend until well mixed.  Place chicken halves in liquid in refrigerator for 6-8 hours.  Grill, Bake, or Pan fry your chicken until juices run clear.  Serve over rice if desired. 

I've used leftovers of this as the center of the Greek Taco recipe instead of the sausage and it was great!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! So do you use regular white vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this recipe and it's a keeper!

    Now post more missy! I'm running out of dinner ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete